Tuesday 16 February 2016

Palmers Dark Chocolate and Mint SPF15 Lip Balm




Texture: Lumpy in tube, thin on lips
Flavour: Mint and Chocolate
Fragrance: Mint and Chocolate
Finish: Glossy(ish)
Lasting power: unknown - had to remove after 10 minutes
Colour: White in tube, clear on lips
Longevity: 12M
Size: 4g, .15oz
Price: $3.29 AUD
Availability: I got this at Kmart, haven't seen it anywhere else.
Website: http://www.palmersaustralia.com
Brand Contact: website above
Discontinued: No
Limited Edition: No
Rating: 2/10
If you like this, try: anything else with an SPF

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Dimethicone 1.5% (Skin Protectant), Octinoxate 7.5% (Sunscreen), Oxybenzone 4.5% (Sunscreen)
Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Coppernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor, Isopropyl Myristate, Saccharin, Beta Carotene (CI 40800), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil



I was so excited to see this. I mean - Mint and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is one of my favourite flavours. 


But the excitement was short lived. This has an SPF content - which I knew when I bought it, but I thought it'd be ok, because Palmer's is a well known and trusted brand, that the making your tongue numb thing wouldn't be an issue. But it was. I know it's not just me that has this issue, as when I told Anissa, she replied, 'oh, I hate that' So, while I love the smell, I'll only keep it to smell, or just throw it out cos I'll never use it again.
Also, what is with the oval shaped tunes? Am I the only one that finds them hard to apply? 
While I am at it, why, does a company as big as Palmers still release a product with their cocoa butter still lumpy? It it truly an awful sensation when you apply it.
I am not a negative person, usually, but the only positive thing about this product is the scent!



Be kind.

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for your comment, we really appreciate it.